Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May 13th


I cant believe its been a month since I posted anything! Actually I did write out this really long blog right after I got back from visiting my daughter Rachel in Washington D.C. but when I clicked "publish" my satellite went out. We are on Hughes net out here in the sticks.

I had a great time in D.C. I got to do a few things I had never done before like ride in a taxi and the take the metro. The cherry tree's were in bloom which was awesome! Rachel has become a great cook. She loves Racheal Ray. She and her husband Justin were great hosts and I had a wonderful time. Even flying by myself wasnt so bad.

A few days after I was home I went to Dallas to help take care of my Mom who had just had back surgery. She has a hard time taking pain meds, they kindof make her , well....she didnt get much sleep so neither did we. She is doing better though now. It will take her about a year they say to fully recover though.

We started our new Bible Study today in Columbia! We are doing Beth Moores Stepping Up. We will meet every other week through the summer on Tuesdays during lunch. This doesnt give us much time to talk though so I am opening up this blog to the ladies to "discuss" , ask questions and just talk. I dont know about ya'll, but I just love Bible study days. Its like a refuge from lifes storms. How about you?

Feel free to comment.

3 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

Cheryl, just saw your comment on my blog and popped over. Lots of coincidences going on here - both of us named Cheryl, both of us knowing about Pit, and my Bible study group just finished Stepping Up! Small world, huh?

About Nancy said...

Oh yes, I feel lost if I am not in a Bible study. I am glad you found one for now and I hope you enjoy it.

It was nice visiting your blog. See you again soon!
Blessings,
Nancy

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I saw your comment on LPM blog about the simulcast and that your son would be in Thailand. I have one daughter who lives in Thailand and teaches at an international school and one daughter who lives in D.C....sounds familiar? Small world. Just had to send you a comment that you caught my eye.