Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July




Yesterday was the 4th of July. Most of the day Steve and I just stayed around the house. We are getting ready to leave Sunday for Bay St. Louis to cook for the relief workers that are still coming down there since Katrina to help rebuild.

Around 4:00 we hopped on the motorcycle and headed over to New Augusta Ms. where Alyssa and Bo work with the youth at Memorial Baptist Church. ( about an hour and a half away )

Bo cooked hamburgers and hot dogs for all of us while Steve and I just sat there and enjoyed having our son in law cook for us!

Bo's parents were there and it was good to see them again. Bo's dad,Rich brought a potato gun. Yes a potato gun! But since potatoes were more expensive he was shooting onions from this gun instead. The boys in the youth group seemed to love this a little more than the girls did. Evidently onions dont shoot as far as potatoes and they smell alot worse.

After dinner Bo and Lee ( Hunters soon to be college roomie ) got the boys together for a water balloon fight.

Alyssa took the girls inside for some table games and soon the old folks left. It looked like rain and since we were on the bike we headed home.....not before stopping at Starbucks .

No fireworks for us! I even tried finding some on tv but nothing! We did see a couple random fireworks in the sky on the ride home.

As I said, we leave tomorrow for the coast. We will be home Wednesday. I have to get up each day at 4:00am....this could kill me!

Our friend Mike, who is heading this up, promises I will have some free time, to nap, I hope!

Actually Im looking forward to doing something other than cooking hamburgers at the prison. Just something new, you know?!

Oh quess what ya'll! I got Steve to scoop poop tonight! He helped me clean the horse stalls again!

Thats twice now in 6 years!!!!! I love him!

No comments: