Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rejection and rejoicing- setting my feet upon the Rock

There have been times in my life when trouble seemed to be coming from all directions.  During those times Gods expects me to keep my eyes on Him.
He gave us His word, the scriptures, for our help.  He gave us His Holy Spirit for comfort.  We need to rely on Him.
When, then, we have been comforted, and have come through the valley or out of the pit, we are to help others and share in their sufferings.  We are to pray for them and encourage them.
                               We all need it!!
Who can I encourage today?

I never gave the apostle Paul's personal life much thought.  He was the son of a Pharisee, converted to Christ.
Talk about loneliness and rejection!
His family probably disowned him. Those years when he went back home must have been difficult and lonely.
What do you imagine he went through?
I imagine he spent a lot of time praying for his family, trying to live the life he should, trying to teach them Jesus Christ through-out the scriptures.
To be rejected by your family is tough!
One of the most heart breaking moments for me was during my divorce.  Not only had my husband betrayed me and rejected me, but in a blink of an eye, his mother, whom I loved, cast me aside for a new daughter in law and another woman's child -
As though I were dead.
I was dead to her as Paul might have been to his family.
I praise you Lord for Jesus and your Holy Spirit.  Thank you for giving me your precious words of scripture.
Thank you that I did not remain in the pit of despair
I feel for those who don't know you who might be experiencing these things.
Who would they turn to? Who would comfort them in the middle of the night?

What a friend we have in Jesus all my sins and griefs to bear.  What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer.

Ps. 103:2-5
Bless the Lord o my soul
and forget none of His benefits
who pardons all your iniquities
who heals all your diseases
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with loving-kindness and compassion
who satisfies your years with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle



2 comments:

SABRINAdianne said...

I love this post! Thanks for stopping my blog and sharing your testimony! Praise God for your total healing.

I'm your newest follower! I pray you will be mine too.

Be Blessed

1ofHis said...

Aren't you glad we are more than just Jesus' servants? We are his "friends." I was reading, this morning, about how a servant doesn't know what his master is doing, but because we are his "friends," we are more than just his servants.