Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feb 1st 2011

Siesta Memory Verse #3

I was going to choose Zech. 4:6 ....not by might nor by power, but by my spirit says the Lord of hosts.

But really I already knew that one. I just didn't remember the reference. So instead, I have chosen Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good,
A stronghold in the day of trouble
and He knows those who take refuge in Him.

He knows us!
It was that truth that first brought me to Him.
When my Sunday school teacher, Mrs. Minor, told me about the Good Shepherd. She told me He loves me, He knows me, He calls me by name. He knows even how many hairs are on my head, and He cares!
Even at the young age of 6, I wanted a savior like that!
I wanted Jesus. I wanted to be a sheep in His fold.
He has never let me down.
He has never turned His back on me or let me wander too far.
He gently leads me, sometimes with a whisper, sometimes with His staff.

I need thee, oh I need thee, every hour I need thee. Oh bless me now my savior, I come to thee.

No comments: