Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thank you Dr. P, remember those who led you .

Last week I had the opportunity to go to an awesome conference Called Advance the Church.  I sat under the teaching of some wise and godly men, very young men!  I was encouraged by their desire to preach the word of God and teach the Gospel of Christ, giving God all the glory!
It made me start to think about my past-where I came from and who has taught me the word of God.
I have been most fortunate.
I don't understand why God allowed me, a no-body, to have such blessings.
The Lord placed me in a certain place at a certain time under the teaching of many godly men.
Because of their example and willingness to serve Christ and teach His gospel, I have been rooted and grounded in faith.
I love Jesus, and I love the word of God, because someone else took the time and effort to study and teach.
So, having said this, I would like to thank a very dear, Godly, and wise man for all he did for me.

Dr. J. Dwight Pentecost
Thank you, thank you, thank you! for loving us enough to teach us faithfully the word of God.
Because of you I love studying the scriptures  Because of you I was grounded in the faith at a young age and I know whom I believe!.
You are precious to me because you shared your knowledge with us.
I have continued in the faith, firmly established, I have not moved away from the hope of the gospel. ( col. 1:23) that I heard from you.
You were my first pastor, and I am most fortunate because you preached the word of God.
For all you pastors out there, especially you young pastors, be encouraged.
Preach Christ!
We are listening.
Thank you Dr. P, I am "overflowing with gratitude"  ( Col. 2:7)


Hebrews 13:7   Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you, and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.





No comments: