Thursday, September 25, 2008

1 John 1:4-5

( part 2 ) part 1 is on Threefolds blog
And these things we write, so that our joy may be made complete. And this is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

For those who live way up north winters are very long and much time is spent in doors. When people are forced to be inside, without the sun, they tend to get down and depressed. A little "sun therapy" can bring some joy back into their lives.
While going through a difficult time in my life I found that going to a tanning bed seemed to brighten my day.
We are drawn to light. Can you imagine what joy and peace we will feel in heaven! No darkness at all, only light. And the light IS Jesus.

Many are saying "who will show us any good?" Lift up the light of thy countenance upon us, O Lord! Thou hast put gladness in my heart...In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For thou alone, O lord, dost make me to dwell in safety. Ps. 4:6-8

Jesus said.." I am the light of the world, he who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Life and light are both found in Jesus




No comments: