Friday, January 14, 2011

Jan 11 2011

Cont....Memory verse 2nd Corth. 2:8 Wherefore I urge you to reaffirm your love for him. (nas)


So that you can follow my train of thought here, I'm doing a study of 2nd Corinthians by Max Lucado.

I'm thinking today about changes. Our lives always seem to be changing.
One day I think we are going in one direction and the next day the winds change and we go in a different direction.
I wonder sometimes if we are following Christ, or our own desires.
These things I know to be true.....1. God put Steve and I together-for love, blessings, and to do His will
2. family is important but Christ and His kingdom is more important
3. He has entrusted Harvest and Three Fold Ministries to us. US, not just Steve, not just me. We are to seek His will together.

While studying 2nd Corinthians I read this today by Max Lucado
" One thing we can count on for sure is the unpredictability of life. If we commit to follow Christ, the Good Shepherd, we should expect the unexpected. Sometimes divinely allowed or orchestrated events will block our path. Gods spirit will suddenly nudge us down a different course. In some situations our "new" plans or diversion may be viewed as foolish by others. Our wisdom and character, perhaps even our sanity, will be called into question. Our calling is not to do what is wise in the worlds eyes, nor is it to take the popular course of action. Rather than wrangle with God, we are to submit to His leading, however "odd" it might seem."

No comments: