Thursday, March 17, 2011

Siesta Memory verse for March 15th Grace and Peace

I had decided before this past week that I would choose Philippians 4:5-7  (NCV) for my memory verse, " Let everyone see that you are gentle and kind.  The Lord is coming soon.  Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.  And Gods peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. "                      HOWEVER,
with all the busyness of these past few days I chose a shorter verse ....Romans 11:6  "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise, grace is no longer grace."

Actually, these two verse work together.  You see, it is grace which will allow me to be able to be kind ad gentle.  It is because of the grace of God I can "not" worry but have a peace that no one can understand.   It is Jesus and His spirit dwelling in me that causes me to do things like forgive, praise Him even in bad circumstances, rest, and be content in everything.

All this is out there....available to me....because of grace.
I don't deserve it, I cannot do enough good to deserve it , but in His mercy, He saved me and by His grace, He indwells me.
We are told in Philippians 4:8 to meditate on the things which are good, pure and true   Scripture tells us to keep the word of God in our hearts ( memorize it) then when circumstances arise trying to get our focus off Christ and steal our joy, we can "recall" or meditate on those scriptures and our circumstances will grow dim, our faith will grow, and we will have a peace that no one can understand.

Lord I pray that I would be gentle and kind, that I would show your love to others.
You are coming soon.
Lord help me not to let worry over come me, but to give all my needs to You in prayer.  Lord may I rejoice in You even when I don't like whats going on around me.  And Lord Jesus, give me peace!  A peace so strong, so sweet it would be hard to understand, even in hard times.
Keep my mind on You and Your Word.
Thank you  for your grace that makes all this possible
Amen. 

p.s.  I guess I will memorize both of these verses this time!





No comments: