Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Siesta Memory Verse for March the 1st

I'm so tired this morning!  I went to get some coffee and forgot to put the little pod in the coffee maker so I ended up with just creamy water.  gross.  Im also thankful this morning for spell check. 
My brain must be on overload 'cause it took me 3 tries to spell siesta right.
The past 2 days have been amazing.
I had the privilege to sit under the teaching of some awesome godly men and study the book of Colossians and the Supremacy of Christ in the church.
I will blog more about that after my brain has stopped swimming with all the information.

But today is Siesta memory verse day!!!  So I decided to choose the verse David Platt chose to speak on.  He was the last speaker and he was asked to speak on the Supremacy of Christ in Missions.  wow..thats all I can say.
I have heard him speak many times, at Secret Church and podcasts of his sermons at Brookhills, but he never ceases to amaze me.  Or better, God never ceases to amaze me with the mercy and gifts he has given to his people.  Tony Merida introduced David as a prophet for our time, and I believe that's true.  He speaks the word of God!  He challenges us to rethink all the traditions and trappings of the organized church.  And he reminds us, that our purpose here is not to be comfortable in our christianity, but to go to the hard places and share the good news of Jesus Christ! 
If you have never read his book "Radical"  I highly recommend it.  I will even gladly GIVE you a copy!
So, here is my verse for March 1st
Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all nations, and then the end shall come.





1 comment:

Seepy1 said...

I agree about David Platt. I'm reading one of his books now as a matter of fact.